Now that you have a new tattoo you need to know how to take care of it.
Here is what we recommend:
- Leave your bandage on for at least an hour.
- When you remove the bandage wash the tattoo with warm soapy water, do not use a brush or washcloth just lightly wash using soap and your hands. We recommend using an unscented soap or Dial anti bacterial soap.
- Pat dry with a clean soft towel, do not rub.
- Allow the tattoo to air out for approximately ten minutes.
- Apply unscented hand lotion, Palmers Cocoa Butter or Aquaphor in a light coat being sure to rub any ointment or lotion all the way in.
- The tattoo should not be shiny or greasy after the application of ointment .
- DO NOT scratch or pick your fresh tattoo, this will cause poor healing.
- Do not go swimming, hot tubbing or have prolonged exposeure to sun for 2 weeks after being tattooed. These activities will prolong healing and cause loss of vibrancy and color saturation.
- If you have any questions please call the shop.
- Enjoy your new Tattoo. We appreciate your patronage.